Module 1 assignment: Introduction to GIS/QGIS

Hello there,

Your work looks good and looks like you are almost there! I suggest uploading your streetmap and fix the layers according to the order given in the module. Other than that everything is well. Keep it up!

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

I am done with the module 1, and as of now I felt very good since I’ve done something really interesting. the module instruction was good and I really recommend to others that we must really need to read and internalize the instruction, so that it will fast and convenient. And for the problems or errors for this work, I encountered since my laptop keeps on logging. That’s all for this module and I hope you find my work good.

Thank youuuu!!!

2 Likes

I’m glad that I have easily done the first module. You have only to read and follow the instruction and you can get the result of this activity. This has given me a better understanding of how layers operate and how they may be modified in preparation for the work I’ll be conducting using GPS traces.

4 Likes

Great work for newbie here like us. I struggle on the beginning but with the help of others I made it correctly. AJA!

1 Like

I am very impressive with this study, well done mate

I enjoyed this first module because it helped me to refresh my memory on map production.

1 Like

Loving QGIS already! No problems so far.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa,
I liked seeing your use of transparency on the NomascusConcolor layer, it really made your map more appealing.

Here is my map,
I found this module very easy because of previous work using QGIS but I had some questions regarding layers and how/when to use them. Jonathon explained the difference between the vector and raster layer in one of his posts and that helped.

Your map looks great, all the layers are visible

1 Like

Hello :blush: I like what you did to your work it is satisfying :blush:

thank you for this opportunity, I am learning a lot

1 Like

Your project is appreciable. you did a good job. However I think you need to add layers and filtered your toolbar by following the path given in the course

It was the basic portion of the course. It felt like I was doing a revision. The gibbon project seems very exciting.

Hope to gain more insight from this Course.

Great!! Hope you are enjoying the learning process. Have a happy learning!!

I am interested in hearing more about the results of the comparison between ArcGIS and QGIS!

1. I’m excited because I learnt how to add layers and basemap, I though it would be more difficult.

2. My native language is Spanish, so it’s challenging to translate every step, but I like these types of challenges. :wink: